The Blue Badge Scheme provides a national arrangement of parking concessions and is managed locally by Torbay and Southern Devon Health and Care NHS Trust, who deal with applications and issue Blue Badges. It allows badge holders to park close to their destination, but the national concessions apply only to on-street parking. A person may qualify for a Blue Badge if:
- They have permanent and substantial walking difficulties and travel either as a driver or passenger.
- They are registered severely visually impaired (blind).
- They are in receipt of the higher rate of the mobility component of Disability Living Allowance.
- They are in receipt of Personal Independence Payment (PIP) and receive 8 points or more under the ‘moving around’ activity of the mobility component.
- They receive War Pensioners’ Mobility Supplement or have been awarded a lump sum benefit at tariffs 1-8 of the Armed Forces Compensation Scheme and are certified as having a permanent and substantial walking disability.
- They have severe disability in both upper limbs and are unable to turn by hand the steering wheel of a vehicle, even if that wheel is fitted with a turning knob.
- A child under the age of 3 who, due to their condition, must always be accompanied by bulky medical equipment or must always be near a motor vehicle so they are able to access medical treatment in a timely fashion.
If you have any queries regarding completing the application form, please contact the Blue Badge Team, Torbay & Southern Devon Health and Care NHS Trust on 01803 217700 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Renewals and Changes of Details
If you need to renew your Blue Badge or notify a change of address or other details please contact Torbay and Southern Devon Health & Care NHS Trust on 01803 217700.
Use in Torbay Car Parks
Disabled Blue Badge holders using Council car park facilities in Torbay must purchase a valid pay and display ticket from the machine in the car park and ensure this is clearly displayed along with their Disabled Blue Badge.
Misuse of Blue Badges
If you have concerns about the misuse of a Blue Badge, please inform the Torbay and Southern Devon Health and Care NHS Trust. Please note that they require at least the badge serial number or the car registration number, in order to process an investigation.
Blue Badge Application Form
Apply for a Blue Badge online via Directgov